No Frills “Hauliday 2018” contest (“CONTEST”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (“RULES”)
1. SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Loblaws Inc. (“Sponsor”) and administered by 6Degrees Communications Inc. (“Contest Administrator”).
2. CONTEST PERIOD. . This Contest begins on November 22, 2018 at 12:00:00 PM (ET) and closes on January 2, 2019 at 11:59:59 AM (ET) the (“Contest Closing Date”) (collectively the “Contest Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must have a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account and a valid email address to enter this Contest. You may enter this Contest by way of any one (1) of the following three (3) methods of entry:
VIA FACEBOOK: To enter, via Facebook, visit https://www.facebook.com/nofrillsCA, and complete the following steps:
• Ensure your account settings are not set to “Private”. Eligible entries must be posted within a public setting.
• Upload a photo OR video depicting either one of the following:
• Entries must tag @NoFrillsCA and must include the hashtag #NoFrillsHaulidayContest
It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to ensure Entry complies with all applicable Facebook terms and policies available at www.facebook.com.
VIA TWITTER: To enter via Twitter, visit https://twitter.com/nofrillsCA and complete the following steps:
• Ensure your account settings are not set to “Locked”. Eligible entries must be posted within a public setting.
• Upload a photo OR video depicting either one of the following:
It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to ensure Entry complies with all applicable Twitter terms and policies available at www.twitter.com.
VIA INSTAGRAM: To enter via Instagram, visit https://www.instagram.com/haulhard/ and complete the following steps:
• Ensure your account settings are not set to “Private”. Eligible entries must be posted within a public setting.
• Upload a photo or video depicting either one of the following:
(i) Of your “Haul” during or after a visit to your local No Frills; OR
(ii) Showcasing a minimum of five (5) items from your pantry, refrigerator or freezer from your most recent “Haul” from your local No Frills
• Entries must tag @haulhard and must include the hashtag #NoFrillsHaulidayContest.
It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to ensure Entry complies with all applicable Instagram terms and policies available at www.instagram.com.
Entries must remain active throughout the Contest Period. Any entry submitted where the Entrants relevant account settings are set to “Private” or “Locked” will not be seen or visible to the Sponsor.
Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the Contest via a wireless mobile device (including, without limitation, eligible Entrants who submit an Entry via a wireless mobile device). Please call your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
Entries must be received no later than the Contest Closing Date. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with Entrants except with those selected for a prize.
NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES PERMITTED
Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account (“Social Platform”) per day. For greater clarity, Entrants may enter the Contest up to three (3) times per day should the Entrant choose to submit an entry through each of the three (3) Social Platforms. In the case of multiple entries received through one (1) Social Platform per day, only the first eligible entry submitted through the said Social Platform will be considered. Entries submitted through multiple Social Platform accounts registered to a single Entrant will not be accepted. For greater clarity, Entrants may not submit multiple entries per day by way of using multiple accounts per Social Platform used.
If it is discovered that an Entrant has attempted to: (i) submit more than one (1) entry per Social Platform per day, or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) Social Platform by any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter the Contest, then in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, the said Entrant will be disqualified.
All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). Entries will not be returned or acknowledged. Entries received from a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account associated with any organization, company, corporation, partnership or other entity will be void.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be legally bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor and further warrants and represents that:
Each entry submitted (regardless of Social Platform used) must be unique and must not be a replica of any previously submitted entries. For greater clarity, should an Entrant submit an entry through all three (3) Social Platforms in a single day (for a total of 3 entries in one day), each entry must be different. The same would apply for each day an Entrant chooses to submit an entry throughout the Contest Period. As an example, should the Entrant choose to submit an entry through all three (3) Social Platforms in a single day, and return the next day to submit another entry through all three (3) Social Platforms (for a total of 6 entries in two days), all six (6) entries must be different.
Each photo or video must be original, have not been previously published or won any other prize/award, not infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other party, and must be suitable for publication (i.e. must not be obscene or indecent or contain content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any Entry the Sponsor deems not to be in keeping with the Rules of this Contest, or that the Sponsor learns has been previously published, entered into another contest or competition, or won any other prize or award.
Photos and/or videos must not: (i) feature any images of people include celebrities (or celebrity likeness); (ii) disparage any persons or organizations; (iii) contain any personal or commercial solicitations, advertisements or promotional materials; (iv) feature alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, firearms and ammunitions, prescription drugs, illegal drugs and related drug paraphernalia, nutritional supplements, lotteries, or gambling; (v) contain material which is in Sponsor's sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, violent, discriminatory (including based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business or group or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; (vi) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation and must be in line with the Sponsor's image and reputation as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion..
By entering, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that submitting a photo or video online brings the entry within the public view and, as such, the entrant waives any claims against the Sponsor and indemnifies and holds Sponsor harmless against any third party claims for damages or injury attributable to the Sponsor for any copying, re-posting or unlawful use of the submitted photo or video that may result.
The entrant irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the photo or video including, without limitation, all copyright. Sponsor shall have the right to use photo and videos for use in perpetuity without any further consent or compensation.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims against infringement with respect to any Entry submitted. By entering this Contest each entrant (i) represents that the said entry does not infringe on any third party’s copyright materials, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights, (ii) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, Contest Administrator, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any claim or liability arising from or related to submission of the entry and participation in this Contest, (iii) grants the Sponsor, an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to edit, modify reproduce, post and/or broadcast the Entry in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed, including, without limitation, as contemplated within these Rules, and in any advertising or promotions created by the Sponsor in any form of media to promote this Contest and/or future contests similar to this Contest; and (iv) waives all moral rights in the Entry in favour of the Sponsor.
Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to request an Entrant to edit and or remove his/her photo/video and/or to blur out any trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted content. Entries that do not conform to the specific requirements will be disqualified.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority within the province or territory of which they reside as of the Contest starting date. Employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Sponsor, Contest Administrator, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family and/or household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son, and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household. Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial/non-commercial entities cannot participate.
The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest and any failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION:
Potential Winner Selection for Daily Prizes: There will be a total of forty-two (42) rounds of judging for the Daily Prizes, with one (1) round of judging completed for each applicable Daily Prize judging period during the Contest Period. Judging for Daily Prizes will take place in Toronto, ON from all of the eligible entries received on or before the applicable judging start period as noted in the following chart and will conclude within two (2) business days of the commencement date:
Potential Winner Selection for Grand Prize: There will be a total of five (5) rounds of judging for the Grand Prizes, with one (1) round of judging completed for each applicable Grand Prize judging period during the Contest Period. Judging for the Grand Prize will take place in Toronto, ON from all of the eligible entries received on or before the applicable judging start date as noted in the following chart and will conclude within two (2) business days of the commencement date:
All eligible entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
At a minimum, all entries must include the relevant tags and hashtags noted within each of the above noted three (3) methods of entry. For greater clarity, entries submitted through Facebook must include the tag of @NoFrillsCA and hashtag #NoFrillsHaulidayContest, entries submitted through Twitter must include the tag of @NoFrillsCA and hashtag #NoFrillsHaulidayContest, and entries submitted through Instagram must include the tag of @haulhard and hashtag #NoFrillsHaulidayContest.
• How well the photo/video depict your No Frills haul or haul of products from your pantry, refrigerator or freezer – (50%);
• The variety of products shown in the photo/video – (30%)
• Overall originality/effort of the entry (20%)
The entrant with the highest overall score will be declared the selected potential winner. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be judged according to the judging criteria as set out above by an additional judge who will serve as the tiebreaker.
CONTACTING SELECTED POTENTIAL WINNER(S): Each selected Potential Winner will be notified by direct message (“DM”) on the applicable platform through which the original entry was received i.e. though DM via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Potential Winner(s) will be contacted no later than one (1) business day following the conclusion of the judging period as described above. If a selected Potential Winner does not respond to the DM within the time frame specified within the DM, at the Sponsors discretion, may select the next entrant with the next highest overall score from among the remaining eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated up to three (3) times after which if no Potential Winner is confirmed; the applicable prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded.
Before being declared a winner, each Potential Winner must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid and will be required to print, sign and return a standard declaration and release confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the applicable prize as awarded.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The chance of being selected as a Potential Winner depends upon the number of eligible entries received and the application of the judging criteria.
7. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARVs): There will be a total of forty-seven (47) prizes available to be won during the Contest Period as described below.
a. Daily Prizes: A total of forty-two daily prizes are available to be won during the Contest Period. (“Daily Prize”). Each Daily Prize consists of a $100.00 President’s Choice gift card. Daily Prizes are subject to the prepaid card terms and conditions of the issuer. If a purchase exceeds the value of the pre-paid gift card, the winner will be responsible for any amount in excess of the value of the gift card (or the available balance at the time of purchase), including any applicable taxes.
b. Grand Prizes: A total of five (5) Grand Prizes are available to be won during the Contest Period (“Grand Prize”). Each Grand Prize consists of a $1,000.00 issued in the form President’s Choice gift cards. Grand Prizes are subject to the prepaid card terms and conditions of the issuer. If a purchase exceeds the value of the pre-paid gift cards, the winner will be responsible for any amount in excess of the value of the gift cards (or the available balance at the time of purchase), including any applicable taxes.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes combined is $9,200.00. The approximate retail value of each prize is that stated by the supplier of the prize as being in effect thirty (30) days prior to the launching of this Contest. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person and/or one (1) Grand Prize per household. Entrants whose entries are not selected as a Potential Winner for a Daily Prize or Entrants who have been declared a Potential Winner of a Daily Prize during the Contest Period remain an eligible Entrant for the Grand Prize draw for the remainder of the Contest Period.
8. DECLARATION & RELEASE: Selected Entrants will be required to print, sign and return a Declaration and Release within seven (7) days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of prize notification and of attempted delivery, or the applicable prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Entrant. Upon receipt of a signed Declaration and Release Form the applicable prize will be delivered within sixty (60) days.
The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or noncompliance with the terms of these Rules may result in disqualification and at Sponsor’s discretion, selection of an alternate Entrant.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Be entering this Contest, the Entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. By accepting the applicable prize, the winner agrees to hold the Sponsor, Contest Administrators, their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, parent and related companies, licensors, licensees, and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of the applicable prize or participation in the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, on account of the foregoing or otherwise, notifications, typographical, responses, replies or any computer, online, software, telephone, cellular phone, hardware or technical problems, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failure, traffic congestion or malfunction that may occur, or on account of any combination including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website or mobile application users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Contest or by any technical, human or other error or omission. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrant or to any computer or cellular phone related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials or applications in this Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, lack of participation, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or the Contest Website.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant if the Entrant a) violates these Rules and/or the general rules/guidelines of any online property or service of the Sponsor; b) enters the Contest by any means contrary to these Rules or which would be unfair to other Entrants or where Contest entries are generated by any mechanical or automated means; c) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified, or altered are void. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning online Entrant, entries made by internet will be declared made by the name on the account holder.
Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest website, or any related website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Currency is in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stipulated. Each prize must be accepted “as is” and may not be exchanged for an amount of money, bartered, sold, raffled, substituted, or transferred, and is non-refundable. In the event the stated prizes are unavailable due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, a prize of equivalent nature and value will be available to be won, or the Sponsor, in its sole option, may award the winner the equivalent monetary value in lieu of prize. Prizes will be delivered only to confirmed winners.
Refusal to accept a prize releases the Sponsor, Contest Administrators, as well as their respective directors, officers, and employees, of all responsibility and obligations toward the winner of such prize. In no event shall Sponsor be held to award more prizes that what is mentioned in these rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Rules.
10.LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between English language version of these Contest Rules, and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winners’ names, cities and provinces/territories of residence and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law.
All information requested by and supplied by each Entrant must be truthful, accurate, and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest in their discretion, should the entrant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate, or misleading details and/or information or should the Entrant be ineligible for the Contest pursuant to these Rules.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property used in association with or for the administration of the Contest, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. INDEMNIFICATION: Entrant releases and holds Sponsor harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Rules, and/or in any prize-related activity. The Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest.
14. TERMINATION: If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties or any other factor including accident, printing, administrative, or any error of any kind compromises the integrity, administration, or conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time, without prior notice or obligation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
16. FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND INSTAGRAM: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
In the event of a dispute, entries shall be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail address associated with the Facebook account, Twitter account or Instagram account. For the purpose of the Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each Entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry and account.
17. LAW: The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Rules or the rights and obligations as between the Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
18. OFFICIAL RULES: These rules are available by clicking on the contest link within the applicable contest post through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.